Monday, April 28, 2008

I smashed my finger today...

I smashed my finger today, and somehow it has put me in the right mood to blog, although my typing is rather difficult. If I didn't have a back button, I suppose that this would be unreadable. The bright side is that I smashed it doing something I love, which was working on my lathe, so...hopefully my project is not ruined.





On an even brighter note, our kitten, whom we've named Phoebe, is doing well, and loads of fun. I got several videos of her on my phone, and am trying to figure out how to post them. I know it's bad quality, but It's my phone, and I had to use the Polish zoom etc...

I have one day of classes, before my finals, and I think I have finally got all my classes lined up for the summer and next fall. What a mess! UAlbany made a mistake with the application, and didn't sign me up for one class, so I had to try to find one at HVCC, and the only one I liked was a 2 credit...yesterday I realized that the Latin course I want to take at UAlbany next fall is actually a 4 credit, so I can probably graduate next May with exactly the right number of credits.

Tom (my father-in-law) has big plans for this summer, so on top of the 4 classes i am taking and the two weeks of vacation I hope to enjoy, I am planning to dig a huge pit, so he can install piping for a "geothermal heat sink" which extracts heat from underground in the winter (the temperature at about 6' below ground stays roughly at 54degrees F. year around) and cool in the summer. I am going to be doing a lot of tree cutting, digging (I get to play with an excavator, maybe a bulldozer), laying stone walls, and remodeling part of the house.

I think the thing I am looking forward to the most this summer is the vacation Amy and I are planning...We want to go to Maine. I haven't been there for eight years, and some of my happiest memories of childhood are from there, so I am stoked. We are going to Acadia National Park, and hope to spend a week there.

0 comments:

Goodreads

 

Pandora

Skype

Morgan Mawr's Flickr favorites

The view from here. Copyright © 2009 Black Nero is Designed by Ipietoon Sponsored by Online Business Journal